SWIM, BIKE, RUN OF KENTUCKY
HEART & SOLE TRIATHLON
CHECK OUT THE 2014 RACE SHIRT!
CLICK HERE FOR A RACE BROCHURE
ABOUT THE HEART & SOLE TRIATHLON:
Versailles is located in Central Kentucky, just 10 miles west of Lexington, 60 miles east of Louisville, 100 miles south of Cincinnati and 180 miles north of Knoxville. The rolling hills and scenic horse farms make the Heart & Sole Triathlon a beautiful backdrop for both competitors and spectators alike.
Race day is Saturday, April 26th at 8 AM. Registration is now open at the Versailles-Woodford County Parks & Recreation Department, offices located at Falling Springs Center (275 Beasley Drive, Versailles, KY 40383).
The EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS MARCH 31. Register by this date and you'll save $10. See the table below for entry fees.
HEART & SOLE RACE ENTRY FEES & DEADLINES
(By March 31)
(April 1-April 25)
Race Day Registration
The Heart & Sole Triathlon is a USAT sanctioned event for ages 15 & up and racers of all skill levels, including first timers. Click for RUN/BIKE COURSE MAPS.
- 400 yard swim in the Falling Springs Center's 82 degree indoor pool
- 15 mile bike through the heart of Bluegrass horse farms and historic downtown Versailles.
- 5K run on the Cross Country Course at Woodford County Park, one of the most beautiful and challenging cross country courses in the state. (The run portion of the race is almost entirely on grass)
OTHER IMPORTANT INFO:
- Race registrations are accepted by mail, online at www.headfirstperformance.com and at Falling Springs Center.
- Registrations received after 12 PM on Monday, April 21st are NOT guaranteed a race shirt. Please register before April 21st to insure that you get a race shirt in the size of your choice.
- Race day registrations are accepted until 7:30 AM (see entry fees in table above).
- The swim portion of the race is seeded. If you register on race day, you will not be seeded adn will be entered at the back of the swim. If you are a fast swimmer, please register early to be seeded higher in the race order.
- Race is limited to 250 participants
- Relay teams are not permitted.
For complete race details or for a registration form, please download the race brochure by clicking HERE. Contact Rainey at 873-5948 or by email with questions.
HEART & SOLE TRIATHLON RACE ORIENTATION - FREE!
Sam Dick of Swim Bike Run of Kentucky will lead a FREE race orientation for the Heart & Sole Triathlon on Saturday, April 19 at 10 AM at Falling Springs Center. He'll show everyone the pool, talk about the transition area and bike course, answer questions and then lead a group run on the run course. Be sure to bring all your gear to get the full benefit! For questions, contact Sam via email.
"SO YOU WANT TO DO A TRIATHLON"
If you want to do a Triathlon, you won't want to miss this class! Topics include the basic gear you need for a triathlon, USA Triathlon rules, do's and don'ts on race day and organizing your gear as well as a demonstration of the transition area, a review of local races and a six-week training plan. The class is led by veteran triathlete Sam Dick. Classes are offered on Sunday, February 16 & 23 from 3-5 PM. For more info please visit www.swimbikerunky.com or email Sam Dick. Click HERE for class brochure.
TRY CycleYOU AT SWIM BIKE RUN OF KENTUCKY!
Tired of the same old spin class? Want to burn loads of calories and take a journey that leaves behind the crazy world outside? Think candle light, an inspiring setting, the best in spin bikes, and a state-of-the art sound system that transports you beyond what you ever dreamed of accomplishing. CycleYOU classes 7-days a week. Register for classes at cycleyoulexington.com
Swim Bike Run of Kentucky is your one-stop training & outfitting center, packed with everything you need for your next race. www.swimbikerunky.com / (859)455-3384
THANK YOU TO OUR RACE SPONSORS!